Thursday, February 20, 2014

Fun with Mod Podge!

I have another human inside of me.  No, I am not pregnant.  I have a crafty Momma that is dying to get out.  I call her Betty.  I get this awesome ideas of crafts to do.  I buy all the supplies.  Then I attempt them.  I get frustrated (or distracted) and I don't finish.  One day, I will fix this flaw.

I went to Joanne's a few months ago and they had a huge sale on Canvas.  I decided to buy a few because I like to use the kids painting projects as decorations around the house.  Ava made these for Stella's room before Stella was born.

Anyways, I was looking to make a gift for my Dad and Grandma for a late Xmas (we celebrated in Feb.  Long story).  Eureka!  I can do canvas art!  After several searches on the Interwebz, I settled on Mod Podge pictures.  And here is how it ended up!


Pretty cool, huh?!  For the LOVE one, I used leftover scrapbook paper from a few years back when I thought I would make a scrapbook for Ava when she was born.  I finished 2 whole pages!
Then I used Mod Podge to apply the paper, acrylic paint to get the green edges and some distress paint to make it look antique.  I also just printed pics of my girls on printer paper in sepia tone.




Once dry, I painted the L, Ava used her hand prints to make the O, I painted the V and Stella used her hand prints (with Daddy's help) to make the E.  She is only 18 months old, so the prints are a little wonky!

The Second one I did the same, but used pics of my cousins and gave this one to my grandma.

Now, I have many ideas to make my family wall in my room!  Picture transfer on canvas is super easy and CHEAPER then any other store can offer.  Looks like I will have plenty to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment