Saturday, February 22, 2014

Magic urine stain remover!

Ava is completely potty trained during the day and has been for 7 months now.  I don't remember the last time she had an accident!
Nighttime?  Now that is a different story!  She is still wearing pull ups at night.  We have tried not giving her any liquids an hour before bed and having her go to the bathroom right before bed and she still wakes up wet!

The other night, hubby was putting the girls to bed while I was out for dinner with a friend.  He wanted to be proactive daddy and told Ava that she needed to be a big girl and wear her undies to bed.  She said "Ok, Daddy!".  However, Daddy forgot the no liquids rule.  And Daddy also forgot that I had taken the waterproof sheet off and put it in the wash.
He told me this when I got home at 10pm.  So I knew it was going to be a long night.

Ava woke up in the middle of the night, wet and crying.  I changed her clothes, changed the sheet and put a towel under the clean sheet.  i was dreading the mess I would have to clean in the morning.

Of course, her nice mattress had a BIG stain on it.  Living in Seattle, I cannot clean it and leave it outside to try (it rains here, Ya know!) and after much internet searching, I found this solution!

All I needed was Baking Soda, Hydrogen Peroxide, some dish soap and a spray bottle!
Here is the stain before:

I sprinkled Baking Soda all over the stain.  I let it sit for about 20 mins then I took a towel and rubbed it in a little.

Then I added my 10oz of Hydrogen Peroxide (that was put in a spray bottle with 3 drops of Dawn dish soap) and sprayed that sucker!  I used everything in the bottle!

Then I waited for it to dry.  I had a fan going on it for about 2 hours and it was dry!

I could already tell a difference!  Then I vacuumed up the baking soda and VOILA! No stain!


You can see I missed a spot, but I redid the spot the next day and it became super clean.  And no urine smell!  I cannot believe this worked.  I have a feeling that when Stella starts potty training, I will need to use this trick often!

1 comment: