Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Recipe Wednesday!

So I thought I would put some of my favorite recipes on Wednesdays.  I will mostly put the ones that went well, but may put some epic fails in as well.
I love to cook, I love to chop, I love the smells and sounds of the kitchen.  Before kids, I would go to Pike Place Market and buy fresh produce and seafood, make an awesome, fancy meal, and drink excellent wine.

Now, I have to find things that can stretch into two or three meals, that can please my picky kids and that doesn't take hours to prepare.

And I don't cook basic.  I still want a little of my "foodie" personality to come out.

So today's recipe is... Moroccan Chicken!

I got this recipe from Livestrong awhile back.  It has become a family favorite!  And it gets everyone to like Cauliflower!

Click on the link above (or here) for the full recipe.  But here is what I did:

First you have to grate the cauliflower.  I just used a cheese grater.  I do have a grater attachment for my fancy food processor, but I have yet to use that function.  So I just grate away, being careful to not scrape my knuckles.  Or if you have a ricer, I suppose you could try that.

Spread the cauliflower mixture in a casserole dish.


Next, we brown up some chicken thighs.  I do skin on because my hubby likes the crispy skin.  If you want a healthier option, then by all means take the skin off.

Add one tablespoon of butter to a pan on Med Hi temp.  Salt and pepper the chicken and brown 3-5 mins on each side then set aside to set.  You are not fully cooking the chicken, just browning so it is not rubbery when baked.

Then you need to add your yummy veggies! In the same pan the chicken was cooked in, add onions, carrots, garlic, and fresh ginger.  Cook until onions are soft.  Then add one tablespoon of butter and spices, and stir.

Add red pepper, can of diced tomato's, salt, parsley and add the chicken and let simmer for a bit (I let it simmer for about 5 minutes).

Pour all the contents of the pan to the baking dish of cauliflower and mix well.  Add lemon slices to the top and bake, covered in foil, for 35 mins at 375 degrees.  After 35 mins, take foil off and bake an additional 25.

And don't forget to take a pic of the finished product.  I didn't.  Oops!

But here is one from the website:

Mine totally looked like this.  Really!

Ingredients



Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/recipes/morrocan-chicken-casserole/#ixzz2iZ1Sr3eN




No comments:

Post a Comment