Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Recipe Wednesday, Part DEUX!


I know I already posted a roasted chicken recipe today.  But I am posting this as a special one because I made this on Sunday and I have had a lot of requests for the recipe.  So.......


CINNAMON ROLLS WITH FIREBALL GLAZE
Yes, you saw that correctly.  Everyone's favorite party drink (except one person I know), FIREBALL!
I have cooked with regular whiskey before, so I thought, why not cook with Fireball.  It all started with a Facebook exchange with a friend.  He was wondering if it is too early to take a shot of Fireball (he has a baby at home), I said that was a stupid question (of course not!).  But it got my wheels turning.  Fireball has cinnamon in it.  What can I make with Fireball that needs a cinnamon flavor....Cinnamon Rolls!  Eureka, I am a genius!  

Well, not really, because someone already posted a recipe online for it.  But it was AMAZING!!  So the recipe is HERE.  I will repost it on my blog as well.   Thank you Provacative Palate.  Your recipe has gained you a follower forever!

You can either make your own rolls or buy premade ones.  I usually make my own.  I actually still use the recipe from my 8th grade cooking class!  Thanks Mr. Randy Brown (may he RIP)!  But this day, I realized at 11pm that I forgot my yeast.  So, I had to go the other route.

I bought the Cinnabon Pillsbury rolls that are in the refrigerated section.  And it was fine.  Would have been better with homemade rolls, but the glaze really can mask the "can" flavor of the rolls!  So this recipe is for the GLAZE ONLY. It makes about enough glaze for 6 small rolls.  I will double it next time because you want to sop it all up, it is so good!

Here we go:
INGREDIENTS:
FIREBALL!!! (1/4 cup)
1/4 cup of butter
I cup of brown sugar (packed)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
6 Tbsp of heavy cream
Combine first 4 ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 2 minutes.

Take off heat and slowly stir in cream.

Coat your cooked rolls and enjoy!

So easy, so yummy!   

If you want the Cinnamon Roll dough recipe, Mine is almost identical to this one.  It is an overnight recipe.  My recipe is still written in my 8th grade hand writing and I have yet to type it up.  But use this on as well!  Plus, I love Alton Brown.  I have a slight crush.  He is such a science geek and I love that!





No comments:

Post a Comment