Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Damn you, Vampirestat!

I was checking my stats on my blog the other day and got super excited when I got 60 hits in one day on one of my recipe posts.  I was thinking, "Sweet!  People like me!".  I was walking around the house, with my chest all puffed out.  Stomping around like I was somebody important.  My 4 year old, Ava, asked me why i looked so funny.  I told her because "Mommy is important and I feel proud!".  She then started to walk around like me, all proud of something.

Later that night, I looked at my stats again.  First I saw "adsense" as a source of my traffic.  Wait....I don't have adsense on my blog.  I did a google search (my IT husband has taught me better then to click on a random link) and found out that it is a bot, generated to look like you have visits to your blog.

poop.

Then the other big one was Vampirestat.  This, I knew, had to be bogus.  I mean, I don't trust vampires, ghosts or zombies!

After some more research, I have discovered that this too is a bot that is trying to make you click on the site, therefor overrunning your blog stats with more "hits".

And the kicker is....there is no way around it.  No way to block them at all.

So, my proud moment is shattered.  But I am thankful for the 3 hits a day I get on this blog from others besides the meanie bots.  I am assuming those three people are family.  You are all getting an extra treat for Christmas.

Now if I can only get my husband to read my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment